Moore Dam and Reservoir
Moore Dam and Reservoir are managed as part of the Fifteen Mile Falls Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2077). Moore Dam is located on the Connecticut River in Littleton, New Hampshire, and Waterford, Vermont. Moore Dam and the associated hydropower station are the largest of their kind in New England.
- 3,490-acre, 11-mile long reservoir at elevation 809.0 feet above sea level
- 40 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- 192 megawatts of generation capacity with four Westinghouse generators and Francis waterwheels
- Entire undeveloped shoreline owned by Great River Hydro and protected by conservation easement
- A new 4.7 megawatt unit will be developed to more efficiently generate power while providing conservation flows downstream
- FERC License No. P-2077, issued April 8, 2002, expires March 31, 2042 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.