McIndoe Falls is managed as part of the Fifteen Mile Falls Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2077). McIndoe Falls Dam is located on the Connecticut River in Monroe, New Hampshire, and Barnet, Vermont.
- 543-acre, 5-mile long reservoir at elevation 451.0 feet above sea level
- 3.5 feet of useable storage primarily managed to smooth out of the stream flow from the plants upstream
- 11 megawatts of generation capacity with four General Electric generators and Kaplan waterwheels
- Undeveloped portions shoreline owned by Great River Hydro and protected by conservation easement
- FERC License No. P-2077, issued April 8, 2002, expires March 31, 2042 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.