Comerford Hydropower Station
Comerford Dam and Reservoir are managed as part of the Fifteen Mile Falls Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2077). Comerford Dam is located on the Connecticut River in Monroe, New Hampshire, and Barnet, Vermont. Comerford Dam and the associated hydropower station are the second largest of their kind in New England.
- 1,093-acre, 8-mile long reservoir at elevation 650.0 feet above sea level immediately downstream of Moore
- 26 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- 168 megawatts of generation capacity with four Westinghouse generators and Francis waterwheels
- Undeveloped shoreline owned by Great River Hydro and protected by conservation easement
- FERC License No. P-2077, issued April 8, 2002, expires March 31, 2042 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.