The Vernon Hydroelectric Project
The Vernon Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-1904) is located on the Connecticut River in Vernon, Vermont and Hinsdale, New Hampshire.
- 2,550-acre, 26-mile long reservoir at elevation 220.13 feet above sea level
- 8 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- 37 megawatts of generation capacity with six General Electric and four Koncar generators, all with Francis waterwheels
- The Vernon Project is currently undergoing relicensing with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. More information about that process can be found here.
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.