The Vernon Hydroelectric Project
The Vernon Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-1904) is located on the Connecticut River in Vernon, Vermont and Hinsdale, New Hampshire.
- 2,550-acre, 26-mile long reservoir at elevation 220.13 feet above sea level
- 8 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- 37 megawatts of generation capacity with six General Electric and four Koncar generators, all with Francis waterwheels
- The Vernon Project is currently undergoing relicensing with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. More information about that process can be found here.
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
For more detailed recreation information and maps, please click here.
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.