Somerset Reservoir is located at the headwaters of the Deerfield River in Stratton and Somerset, Vermont, and is managed as part of the Deerfield River Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2323).
- 1,623-acre, 5.6-mile long reservoir at 2,133.58 feet above sea level
- 26.58 feet of storage managed seasonally
- Entire undeveloped shoreline owned by Great River Hydro and protected by conservation easement in the heart of Green Mountain National Forest
- FERC License No. P-2323, issued April 4, 1997, expires March 31, 2037 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.