Sherman Dam and Station, located on the Deerfield River in Rowe and Monroe, Massachusetts, are managed as part of the Deerfield River Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2323).
- 217-acre, 2.0-mile long reservoir at 1,107.66 feet above sea level, which extends into Whitingham, Vermont
- 8.00 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- Entire undeveloped shoreline owned by Great River Hydro and protected by conservation easement
- 6 megawatts of generation capacity with 1 Westinghouse generator with a Francis waterwheel
- FERC License No. P-2323, issued April 4, 1997, expires March 31, 2037 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.