Sherman Dam and Station, located on the Deerfield River in Rowe and Monroe, Massachusetts, are managed as part of the Deerfield River Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2323).
- 217-acre, 2.0-mile long reservoir at 1,107.66 feet above sea level, which extends into Whitingham, Vermont
- 8.00 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- Entire undeveloped shoreline owned by Great River Hydro and protected by conservation easement
- 6 megawatts of generation capacity with 1 Westinghouse generator with a Francis waterwheel
- FERC License No. P-2323, issued April 4, 1997, expires March 31, 2037 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
A recreation area with picnic grounds and a gravel boat ramp is located on Sherman Reservoir's westerly shoreline. For more detailed recreation information and maps, please click here.
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.