Searsburg Reservoir and Searsburg Station, located on the Deerfield River in Searsburg and Wilmington, Vermont, respectively, are managed as part of the Deerfield River Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2323).
- 30-acre, 1.0-mile long reservoir at 1,754.66 feet above sea level
- 8.5 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- Reservoir connected to station via 3.5-mile long, 8-foot diameter wood stave conduit pipe
- 5 megawatts of generation capacity with one General Electric generator with a Francis waterwheel
- Entire undeveloped shoreline owned by Great River Hydro and protected by conservation easement in the heart of Green Mountain National Forest
- FERC License No. P-2323, issued April 4, 1997, expires March 31, 2037 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.