Deerfield No. 5 Station
Deerfield #5 Dam, located on the Deerfield River in Rowe and Monroe, Massachusetts, and Deerfield #5 Station, located downstream in Florida, Massachusetts, are managed as part of the Deerfield River Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2323).
- 38-acre, 0.6-mile long reservoir at 1,026.66 feet above sea level, located immediately downstream of Sherman Station
- 8.00 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- Reservoir connected to station via 2.8-mile long series of concrete tunnels and canals
- Mostly undeveloped shoreline principally owned by Great River Hydro and protected by conservation easement
- 14 megawatts of generation capacity with 1 Westinghouse generator with a Francis waterwheel
- A new 230 kilowatt unit at the dam will generate power while providing conservation flows downstream
- FERC License No. P-2323, issued April 4, 1997, expires March 31, 2037 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.