Deerfield No. 4 Station
Deerfield No. 4 Station and Dam, located on the Deerfield River in Buckland and Shelburne, Massachusetts are managed as part of the Deerfield River Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2323).
- 75-acre, 2.2-mile long reservoir at 469.66 feet above sea level
- 5.00 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- A 1,500-foot long concrete lined tunnel connects the dam to the forebay at the station
- 6 megawatts of generation capacity with 3 General Electric generators with Francis waterwheels
- FERC License No. P-2323, issued April 4, 1997, expires March 31, 2037 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.