Deerfield No. 2 Station
Deerfield No. 2 Station and Dam, located on the Deerfield River in Shelburne and Conway, Massachusetts are managed as part of the Deerfield River Hydroelectric Project (FERC License No. P-2323).
- 64-acre, 1.3-mile long reservoir at 294.66 feet above sea level
- 11.00 feet of useable storage managed seasonally
- 7 megawatts of generation capacity with 3 General Electric generators with Francis waterwheels
- FERC License No. P-2323, issued April 4, 1997, expires March 31, 2037 (40 years)
- Certified as Low Impact Hydropower by Low Impact Hydropower Institute
Available Recreation Activities
A trail and several river access points are located along the river upstream and downstream of the station. For more detailed recreation information and maps, please click here.
Great River Hydro’s recreation facilities are open to the public on a day-use basis only, from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. Please click here for a complete list of rules.